Technical Sales Specialist
Advanced Composites, Inc. is currently seeking a full-time Technical Sales Specialist. Technical Sales Specialist position is a full time salaried position working M-F 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. This position reports directly to the Vice President of Sales and is the primary contact with key customers for service issues, order processing, contract compliance, inventory management, and other program responsibilities as required. Advanced Composites, Inc. employs approximately 90 full-time employees and manufactures composite products to be used in the aerospace, military and recreational markets.
- Create sales opportunities by keeping customers informed about available services, products, and programs, research and identify potential accounts, solicit new accounts and build rapport.
- Take incoming calls from customers, specifying which product or service fits the application, answer customer questions, and provide quotes to the customer in a timely manner.
- Provide clear explanations for quote strategies.
- Process orders accurately through the company’s business system.
- Emphasize product features based on the analyses of the customers’ needs and on technical knowledge of product capabilities and limitations.
- Retain clients through regular communication and interpersonal interaction.
- Read and review customer specifications as provided through drawings, blueprints, work process instructions, or by other means.
- Review material procurement as related to specific open projects.
- Maintain product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sales, Engineering, or a related field of study is required along with 2-5 years of experience. Attention to detail and follow through in a fast-paced environment is key. The ideal candidate would have the necessary communication and technical skills to review product drawings with customers to discuss current and new projects as well as coordinate program priorities, review and assist in implementation of process documentation, review and approve customer purchase orders, and assist in developing new systems to track product. Must have the ability to effectively read, analyze and explain engineering drawing and also be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access). Experience working in a manufacturing environment a plus.
Excellent benefits including medical, 401(k) matching contribution, profit sharing, nine paid holidays and paid personal and vacation time. Advanced Composites, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.