Advanced Composites, Inc. is seeking a Purchasing Agent. The Purchasing Agent is a full-time position working M-F 8:00 am –5:00 pm. Advanced Composites, Inc. is a 2014 Manufacturer of the Year award winner and employs approximately 90 full-time employees. Advanced Composites, Inc. manufactures composite products to be used in the aerospace, military, and recreational markets.
- Maintains a weekly inventory for all ACI raw materials (e.g. resins, hardeners, fibers, other custom job supplies as needed)
- Coordinates outside lab testing of raw materials used in specialized programs as specified by customer requirements.
- Communicates with internal “customers” (ACI Production Employees, Maintenance Employees, Front Office Employees) in order to target department needs.
- Generates and issues ACI Purchase Orders in accordance with ACI Requisitions to a network of ACI approved Vendors, ensuring that the purchased product conforms to specified purchase requirements as defined by ACI, customer, and/or regulatory requirements.
- Schedules and assigns pick-ups and deliveries to/from our suppliers for parts and raw materials using a company van.
- Leads the Purchasing Department and is responsible for training purchasing department personnel in accordance with all current purchasing requirements.
- Oversees the Shipping/Receiving department to ensure ACI Shipping and Receiving processes are in alignment with current ACI policies/SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures) and for company will call.
- Monitors and Maintains the ACI Employee uniform program.
- Evaluates external suppliers based on their ability to meet ACI delivery or cost requirements
- Assists the Shipping/Receiving area as needed and when required to maintain the flow of product in and out of the company.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly manner and follows all prescribed safety regulations.
- Exemplifies superior attendance.
- Performs all other related duties as requested.
1. Ideal candidate will have attained a minimum of an Associates Degree and have 1 to 2 years of recent purchasing activity experience.
2. Ideal candidate will have outstanding proficiency with the Office 365 Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, One Note, etc)
3. A valid driver’s license and a good driving record
4. Must have organizational and time management skills and good attention to details
5. Employee will need to be able to safely lift fifty pounds
Benefits of working at Advanced Composites, Inc. include: 2 Different Competitive Health Plan Options, 2 Different Dental Plan Options, Paid Time Off, Catered Luncheons, Excellent 401K Match and Profit Sharing Opportunity, Uniform and Laundering Service, Bonus Reward Programs, Summer and Christmas Parties, Onsite Free Gym Access, Charitable Events, and more!