Manufacturing/Composites Engineer – Full Time
Advanced Composites Inc, is looking for a motivated engineer to work on a variety of projects including the design and development of manufacturing processes, tools and equipment, and new product design. As a small high-tech, company you will have the desire to work hands on utilizing advanced materials, such as carbon fiber, to develop novel high-performance solutions and product enhancements. You will be working on team and individual projects that may include initial design, tooling fabrication, and final component finishing. This position is full time with benefits that include 401(k), health and dental insurance, vacation time, etc.
- Experience with CAD software (Solidworks preferred)
- Ability to work in an individual and team environment
- Computer fluency in Word, Excel, Outlook, Solidworks
- Experience with basic hand and measurement tools
- Engineering design project experience
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Personal commitment to safety
- Ability and desire to learn new skills
- Experience with power tools, welding, machining, CAM
- FEA and composite materials FEA
- Electromechanical design/ Machine design
- Product design
- Experience in an ISO9001 manufacturing environment
A Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science, Manufacturing Engineering, Composites Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or related field of study is required. Attention to detail and follow through in a fast-paced environment is key. The ideal candidate would have the necessary communication and technical skills to review product drawings with customers to discuss current and new projects as well as coordinate program priorities, review and assist in implementation of process documentation, review and approve customer purchase orders, and assist in developing new systems to track product. Must have the ability to effectively read, analyze and explain engineering drawing and also be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access). Experience working in a manufacturing environment a plus.
Benefits of working at Advanced Composites, Inc. include: Competitive Health Plan, 2 Different Dental Plan Options, Vision insurance, Paid Time Off, Catered Luncheons, Excellent 401K Match and Profit Sharing Opportunity, Bonus Reward Programs, Summer and Christmas Parties, Onsite Free Gym Access, Charitable Events, and more! Advanced Composites, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.