Advanced Composites, Inc. is seeking a full-time Database Developer. The Database Developer is a full-time position working M-F 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. Advanced Composites, Inc. employs approximately 95 full-time employees and manufactures composite products to be used in the aerospace, military, and recreational markets.
- Collaborates with management to work as a team and with other developers to plan and implement strategies for meeting company needs.
- Designs and implements a cloud solution that includes the database server, web server, development environment, versioning control, crashes/issues reporting service, and SSL/TLS management service.
- Creates and administers a server/client database (PostgreSQL) on AWS that is used to manage and control company workflow such as hiring, training, and manufacturing processes.
- Performs backups to existing databases on a routine basis.
- Develops the PostgreSQL database front-end website, while using resources such as Ruby on Rails, Cloud 9, and Heroku. Makes sure that website is private, secure, and limits access to only authorized users; with features such as, reports, sorts/filters, permissions hierarchy, file uploads/downloads, periodic emails and reminders, interactive pages with JQuery, scheduled tasks, unauthorized access attempts/crashes logging and monitoring.
- Utilizes the power of PostgreSQL NoSQL-like support by taking advantage of the ‘JSON/JSONB’ datatype for building adaptive, non-structural data models.
- Migrates existing MS Access databases to the PostgreSQL database.
- Some systems administration and maintenance required.
- Performs other necessary upgrades to systems as needed.
Benefits of working at Advanced Composites, Inc. include: 2 Different Competitive Health Plan Options, 2 Different Dental Plan Options, Paid Time Off, Catered Luncheons, Excellent 401K Match and Profit Sharing Opportunity, Uniform and Laundering Service, Bonus Reward Programs, Summer and Christmas Parties, Onsite Free Gym Access, Charitable Events, and more!Apply Below