Composites Manufacturing Technician—Day Shift
Advanced Composites, Inc. is seeking a Composites Manufacturing Technician. The Composites Manufacturing Technician is a full-time position working M-F 7:00 am – 3:45 pm. The person filling this position will perform all tasks related to composite filament winding and/or extraction of Advanced Composites, Inc. products. Advanced Composites, Inc. is a 2014 Manufacturer of the Year award winner and employs approximately 80 full-time employees. Advanced Composites, Inc. manufactures composite products to be used in the aerospace, military, and recreational markets.
- Reads and adheres to all standard operating procedures according to each project or assignment
- Develops a hands-on working knowledge of winding machines, resin mixing equipment, overhead cranes, hoists, extractor, and curing ovens and any other ancillary equipment required in the winding process
- Monitors winding process to ensure correct process parameters are taking place for the specific project
- Verifies that correct fiber, resin, curing agent(s), and any other job specific materials are used according to SOP, and records amount of material used
- Verifies correct mandrel size is used for each project
- Inspects all tooling, including but not limited to, mandrels prior to each use in order to catch and/or prevent damage such as bending, scratching, or denting
- Application of various chemicals for mandrel preparation and care
- Reports mechanical or material issues to direct supervisor immediately
- Transports finished goods to designated ovens/storage racks
- Maintains a clean and safe work area
- Regular and consistent attendance
- Performs all other related duties and assignments as requested
High school diploma or equivalent. Ability to communicate effectively in English language, perform basic math computations, basic computer skills, reading and comprehension of standard operating procedures, reading of measuring tape, pi tape, and calipers.
Pay starts at $16.00/hr. Benefits of working at Advanced Composites, Inc. include: 2 Different Competitive Health Plan Options, 2 Different Dental Plan Options, Paid Time Off, Catered Luncheons, Excellent 401K Match and Profit Sharing Opportunity, Uniform and Laundering Service, Bonus Reward Programs, Summer and Christmas Parties, Onsite Free Gym Access, Charitable Events, and more!