Composites Machinist—Day Shift
Advanced Composites, Inc. is seeking a full-time Composites Machinist. The Composites Machinist is a full-time position working M-F 7:00 am – 3:45 pm. The person filling this position will perform all tasks related to the processing and finishing of Advanced Composites, Inc. parts, components, and products subsequent to/or independent of the winding shop. Advanced Composites, Inc. is a 2014 Manufacturer of the Year award winner and employs approximately 80 full-time employees. Advanced Composites, Inc. manufactures composite products to be used in the aerospace, military, and recreational markets.
1. Reads and adheres to all standard operating procedures according to each project or assignment.
2. Develops a hands-on working knowledge of wet centerless grinding, CNC machinery, product cleaning and preparation, cranes, hoists, and other finishing tools as necessary.
3. Ensure correct process parameters are taking place for the specific project.
4. Inspects all parts and tooling prior to, during, and upon completion of each process in order to prevent damage to, or loss of, parts.
a. Application of various chemicals/cleaning agents for parts preparation and care.
5. Reports mechanical and/or material issues to direct supervisor immediately.
6. Transports finished goods to designated quality inspection areas.
7. Maintains a clean and safe work area.
8. Regular and consistent attendance.
9. Performs all other related duties.
High school diploma or equivalent. Ability to communicate effectively in English language, perform basic math computations, basic computer skills, reading and comprehension of standard operating procedures, and excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
Starting hourly rate is $17.00-$18.00. Benefits of working at Advanced Composites, Inc. include: 2 Different Competitive Health Plan Options, 2 Different Dental Plan Options, Paid Time Off, Catered Luncheons, Excellent 401K Match and Profit-Sharing Opportunity, Uniform and Laundering Service, Bonus Reward Programs, Summer and Christmas Parties, Onsite Free Gym Access, Charitable Events, and more! Advanced Composites, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.