Advanced Composites, Inc. is seeking a Purchasing Assistant. The Purchasing Assistant is a full-time position working M-F 8:00 am –5:00 pm. Advanced Composites, Inc. is a 2014 Manufacturer of the Year award winner and employs approximately 90 full-time employees. Advanced Composites, Inc. manufactures composite products to be used in the aerospace, military, and recreational markets.
1. Maintains inventories falling under the purview of the Purchasing Department to include:
- ACI General Supplies
- ACI Job Material inventories (SMAW, LMCO Battery Case, Wound Up, Cataract, etc.)
- ACI Raw Materials
- ACI Finished Goods (all jobs except AWG)
2. Required to make pick-ups and deliveries to our suppliers for parts and raw materials using a company van.
3. Operates forklift to convey, move, or hoist materials to proper departments or areas.
4. Provides assistance in reading/understanding ACI requisitions and generating ACI purchase orders to approved suppliers.
5. Monitors, assists and updates location information for supplies and other items recorded in the Storage Areas and Contents spreadsheet.
6. Assists the Purchasing Manager with monitoring and maintaining the ACI Employee uniform program.
7. Assists the shipping/receiving area as needed and when required to maintain the flow of product in and out of the company.
8. Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly manner and follows all prescribed safety regulations.
9. Will be available to work through regular and consistent attendance.
10. Performs all other related duties as requested.
1. Minimum of a high school education and some experience in shipping/receiving preferred
2. Ability to read and write English, follow verbal instructions and use simple math
3. A valid driver’s license and a good driving record
4. Must have organizational and time management skills and good attention to details
5. Employee will need to be able to safely lift fifty pounds
Benefits of working at Advanced Composites, Inc. include: 2 Different Competitive Health Plan Options, 2 Different Dental Plan Options, Paid Time Off, Catered Luncheons, Excellent 401K Match and Profit Sharing Opportunity, Uniform and Laundering Service, Bonus Reward Programs, Summer and Christmas Parties, Onsite Free Gym Access, Charitable Events, and more!